Current:Home > ScamsAnna Delvey Reveals Why She’ll Take “Nothing” Away From Her Experience on Dancing With the Stars -Ascend Finance Compass
Anna Delvey Reveals Why She’ll Take “Nothing” Away From Her Experience on Dancing With the Stars
Fastexy Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 14:09:20
Anna Delvey isn't dancing around her feelings about Dancing With the Stars.
Days after the fake heiress said she took away "nothing" from her time ankon the ABC competition after she and Tori Spelling were eliminated, she shared insight into her reasoning.
"You guys told me what I'm supposed to do," Anna said of the producers to the 90210 alum on her MisSPELLING podcast Sept. 28. "I tried to do it, and then I still was rejected. I'm taking away nothing. This is what I'm taking away from it because your advice was worthless."
"The advice that you gave me did not pay off for me, even though I tried to follow it right," she continued. "This is how I felt."
The 33-year-old—who was convicted of grand larceny and theft of services in 2019 for defrauding wealthy individuals and businesses—emphasized that her reasoning was pretty straightforward.
"I know people were trying to interpret my answer in different ways, but no," she explained. "I really did not take away much from this experience."
And Anna—who donned a bedazzled ankle monitor on the show since she was on house arrest in Manhattan after being released from ICE custody in 2022—noted how frustrated she was after being sent home so early in the competition alongside her partner Ezra Sosa.
"It felt like they put so much effort trying to get me on a show, make me feel comfortable, just to eliminate me this early," she admitted. "It just felt a bit upsetting to me. It felt like a waste of time for me to do all of this for them to just discard me so easily."
Speculating about her elimination with Tori, Anna noted that her reputation may have played a role.
“I had to be on the defensive,” she said of her time on the show, “especially after all the backlash that I received being cast.”
Meanwhile, DWTS judge Carrie Anna Inaba previously shared she was surprised by the fraudster’s blunt answer.
"I was taken aback by her comment when asked what she learned from being on the show, and she flatly said, 'Nothing,'" Carri told Entertainment Weekly following the Sept. 24 episode. "That was dismissive not only of the opportunity she was given, of her wonderful and supportive partner Ezra in his debut season but also of all of us who work on the show—from the dancers to behind the scenes to the creative team."
"We all put in the effort to give her a fair opportunity," she continued. "But I don't think she could see that and it's a shame. A little gratitude could have changed the narrative."
Now, keep reading to see who else showed off their moves on season 33 of Dancing with the Stars.
The inspriation behind Inventing Anna will trade her ankle bracelet for dancing shoes alongside partner Ezra Sosa.
The Olympic rugby player is ready to ruck up the dance floor with pro Alan Bersten.
The Disney Channel star will try to dance her way to the top with partner Brandon Armstrong.
The model and her partner Gleb Savchenko are ready to strut along the ballroom.
The Dark Knight star is partnered with Britt Stewart.
All that matters for this Family Matters alum and partner Emma Slater is taking home the mirrorball trophy.
The Bachelor alum has found his rose between thorns in partner Jenna Johnson.
The alum of 90210 is oh so ready to dance alongside Pasha Pashkov.
The NFL pro and partner Witney Carson are sure to score a touchdown on the dance floor.
The NBA star is sure to stand head and shoulders above the competitoin with partner & Daniella Karagach.
The Olympian has his sights set on another medal—or should we say mirrorball trophy—with partner Rylee Arnold.
The Traitors alum is sure to weed out the competition with partner Val Chmerkovskiy.
The Bachelorette star and partner Sasha Farber will be in full bloom in the ballroom.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (355)
Related
- Toyota to invest $922 million to build a new paint facility at its Kentucky complex
- Philadelphia mayor strikes a deal with the 76ers to build a new arena downtown
- Woman suffers leg burns after hiking off trail near Yellowstone Park’s Old Faithful
- The Latest: Both presidential candidates making appearances to fire up core supporters
- Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
- Two Georgia deaths are tied to abortion restrictions. Experts say abortion pills they took are safe
- Raven-Symoné Says Demi Lovato Was Not the Nicest on Sonny with a Chance—But Doesn't Hold It Against Her
- 'Golden Bachelorette' Joan met her 24 suitors in emotional premiere: Who got a rose?
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- FAA investigating after Delta passengers report bleeding ears and noses
Ranking
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Ulta & Sephora 1-Day Deals: 50% Off Lancome Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara, MAC Liquid Lipstick & More
- Eric Roberts Says Addiction Battle Led to Him Losing Daughter Emma Roberts
- California law cracking down on election deepfakes by AI to be tested
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- Kate Spade Outlet's Extra 25% off Sale Delivers Cute & Chic Bags -- Score a $259 Purse for $59 & More
- The Daily Money: Will the Fed go big or small?
- Winners of the 2024 Python Challenge announced: Nearly 200 Burmese pythons captured
Recommendation
'Most Whopper
Families of Americans detained in China share their pain and urge US to get them home
No charges will be pursued in shooting that killed 2 after Detroit Lions game
Jon Gruden wants to return to coaching. Could he find spot in college football?
The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
Autopsy finds a California couple killed at a nudist ranch died from blows to their heads
New Orleans Regional Transit Authority board stalled from doing business for second time this year
Pennsylvania state senator sues critics of his book about WWI hero Sgt. York